Keyword: Engineering Plastics
German engineering plastics producer Covestro has decided to build its largest-ever thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPU) site at Zhuhai, China.
With merger clearance granted by India this week, nothing now stands in the way of plans by German chemical producer Lanxess and private equity investor Advent...
Strategy & Management
- Following the founding of Asahi Kasei Europe (AKEU), based in Düsseldorf, Germany, and the opening of a European R&D center in Dormagen, Germany, the Japanese chemical company has...
- US producer Celanese has announced plans to expand its global capacities for compounding and engineering plastics in order to meet rising demand from key industries such as medical...
- As part of its cash-raising package for the $66 billion Monsanto takeover, Germany’s Bayer has further reduced its stake in engineering plastics producer Covestro, its former...
- Germany’s Bayer group has announced it will further reduce its stake in its former Bayer MaterialScience engineering plastics subgroup, which currently trades as Covestro. The...
- Solvay is building a compounding unit in Mexico for its Technyl range of polyamide (PA) resins. The plant in San Luis Potosí will have an initial capacity of 10,000 t/y when it...
Markets & Companies
- Demand is growing around the world for plastics to be made with varying physical and chemical characteristics which can be tailored to specific end-uses. Additives are added to...