AkzoNobel has completed the acquisition of Sherwin-Williams’ Chinese decorative paints business, including the widely known Chinese Huarun brand.
AkzoNobel has agreed to buy Sherwin-Williams’ Chinese decorative paints business for an undisclosed sum. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of this...
Danish coatings manufacturer Hempel has agreed to buy Wattyl, an Australian and New Zealand producer of architectural and protective paints and coatings, from owner...
Strategy & Management
- For the global specialty chemicals sector, the past two years have been among the most exciting of the young millennium. Many mergers and acquisitions were in the spotlight in 2017...
- US coatings specialist Axalta has agreed to buy Valspar’s North American industrial wood coatings business for $420 million in cash, a move that should appease regulators...
- Completion of the merger of US paint companies Sherwin-Williams and Valspar has been postponed from Mar. 21 to Jun. 21, 2107 because of delays related to the sale of one of Sherwin...
- US paint company Sherwin-Williams is to acquire rival firm Valspar for $11.3 billion in an all-cash deal. Sherwin-Williams will pay $113 per share, which represents a premium of...
- In a deal that will help expand its business in Mexico and Central America, US paints and coatings specialist PPG Industries has agreed to buy Mexican paints manufacturer Consorcio...