Velvetol: The sustainable alternative to petrochemicals
VELVETOL is a family of high performance polyether polyols made with renewably sourced 1,3-propanediol (Susterra).
Providing a multitude of advantages in various applications without compromising functionality and, at the same time increasing the renewable content of end products, VELVETOL offers an ideal replacement for petroleum based inputs and polyols.
Compared to petrochemical alternatives, such as poly-(tetramethylene-ether)-glycol (PTMEG), polypropyleneglycol, (PPG), polyethyleneglycol (PEG), VELVETOL has a significantly lower environmental footprint, saving 40% in nonrenewable energy consumption and reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 42% as proofed by an ISO 14000 compliant life cycle analysis.
Compared to many other plant-derived polyols, VELVETOL stand out with its always-consistent quality:
- 100% sustainable content
- Environmentally friendly and safe
- Clear liquids with low or no melting points (9-22°C), low viscosity (100-1500 cp)
- Easy to handle, to process and to transport
- Low volatile, bio-degradable
- High boiling point (>340°C)
- Low freezing point (down to -50°C with additives)
- High thermal heat capacity
- Hydrolysis resistant, high oxidative stability
- Water-soluble/insoluble depending on the molecular weight
VELVETOL offers exceptional performance to manufacturers of high-performance thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs), apparel and footwear, performance coatings, ink-jet inks and functional fluids. If you are looking for an environmentally friendly, safe, effective and compatible replacement for commonly used petroleum-based ingredients and polyols for your final product formulations, VELVETOL is the answer.
Allessa, member of the WeylChem Group of Companies, produces VELVETOL at its plant in Frankfurt, Germany. For more information please contact Allessa:
Phone: +49 69 506 820 2386