The Transition to Digitalization in the Pharmaceutical Industry
Experts Share Their Views on Digitalization Trends and Challenges on the Way to Realize the Sector’s Digital Transformation
Despite the transformational potential of digitalization, the pharma industry has historically been slower than other sectors in adopting digital tools, such as cloud storage, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), blockchain, and remote communication technologies, and in making associated changes in workplace culture and strategic priorities. Now, however, the Covid-19 pandemic may be accelerating the pace of change.
What are the digitalization trends in the industry? What is the business case to develop and implement digital tools and digitalization strategies? And how can organizations introduce and use them?
CHEManager asked executives and industry experts to share their views on digitalization trends in the pharmaceutical industry and challenges on the way to realize the sector’s digital transformation. We proposed to discuss the following aspects:
- What do you think are the key digitalization trends in the pharmaceutical industry?
- What do you consider to be the most important benefits of digitalization in the pharmaceutical industry?
- Is your company involved in systematic, ongoing action to digitalize operations?
- At present, digitalization in the pharmaceutical industry is immature. In your view, what are the biggest obstacles that need to be overcome in the digitalization of the sector?
- How would you rate the digital maturity level of your company?
Read the insightful answers of the experts here.
Digital Officer HPS&GQ, Boehringer Ingelheim
Quality Innovation hub lead, Novartis
Global Head of Digital and Data, Healthcare Business, Merck
Chief Digital Officer, ACG
Founder & CEO, LifeBee
Head of Life Sciences, Drees & Sommer
CEO, TTP Group
Head of business unit Life Sciences Engineering, Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT